Contract Hire : Peugeot assume the risk
As a leasing company we can recover VAT on the vehicle resulting in lower
rentals for our customers. Contract Hire is an operating lease designed
for businesses requiring fixed monthly rentals and no administration worries.
The rental charged can include a wide range of additional options, leaving
you free to concentrate on running your business. All you have to do is
arrange insurance and pay for fuel.
The key features are:
- Low initial outlay - usually 3 or 6 months advance rental.
- Fixed monthly rentals for the full contract period based on a set
annual mileage which you determine in advance.
- Contract periods of 1 to 4 years.
- Road Fund Licence and full AA membership for the duration of the
contract are included, and Peugeot's comprehensive maintenance facility
can also be included at extra cost.
- At the end of the contract, provided the terms of the agreement
are fulfilled, simply return the vehicle.
Finance Lease : You assume the risk.
With finance lease, the customer is responsible for disposal of the
vehicle and takes the profit or loss on the sale at the end of the agreement.
Rentals can be offset against tax and the VAT on rentals is recoverable.
The first rental can also be tailored to suit your budget.
The key features are:
- Low initial outlay - usually 3 or 6 months rental in advance
- Pre-determined fixed monthly rentals depending on the agreed contract
period (between 12 and 48 months).
- You pay a final rental which is determined by the contracted mileage
at the outset of the agreement.
Hire Purchase : You assume the risk
- After paying an initial deposit, the balance is repaid by fixed
monthly payments which do not attract VAT.
- Agreements are available for periods between 1 to 4 years and when
all the payments have been made, the vehicle belongs to you.
- The vehicle is classified as a company asset, enabling you to offset
writing down allowances against taxable profits, along with the interest
Lease Purchase: You assume the risk
- Lower initial outlay compared with cash or Hire Purchase - reducing
the drain on your cashflow. Traditionally 3 or 6 payments in advance.
- You can incorporate a lump sum payment at the end of the agreement
- which simply reduces the monthly cost during the agreement.
- At the end of the agreement you can make the lump sum payment and
keep the vehicle or part-exchange it, using any equity towards the
deposit for your next vehicle.
- Lease Purchase vehicles are treated as an asset and appear on your
balance sheet: writing down allowances can be offset against taxable
profits along with interest charges in exactly the same way as traditional
Contract Purchase: Peugeot assume the risk
- Low initial outlay - usually 3 or 6 months advance payment which
does not attract VAT.
- The contract is based on mileage and includes Road Fund Licence,
full AA cover and all routine servicing/repairs for the duration of
- A final payment is set by Peugeot to reduce the monthly costs and
on completion of the monthly payments you have a choice of the following:
- Purchase the vehicle at the guaranteed final payment - even
if it is worth more than anticipated at the end of the contract.
- Return the car to Peugeot Motor Company Plc
- Use any positive equity to part-exchange the vehicle at the
- Charges will only be incurred if the vehicle is handed back to Peugeot
with excess mileage, any misuse or abuse or if it is returned late.
- The vehicle is treated as an asset and appears on your balance sheet
and as with Lease Purchase, writing down allowances can be offset
against taxable profits.
Your Peugeot Your Choice
If you were thinking
of paying cash or using a bank or building society loan you may wish
to think again. With a Peugeot Finance Plan you won't tie up your capital
with one big outlay and we'll ensure you receive an immediate decision
on your credit application.
From a traditional
Peugeot Finance Plan to our most popular funding option - Peugeot Passport,
we can deliver the finance scheme that's right for you.
How does Passport
- You decide the
amount of deposit you wish to pay which is usually between 0% and
- You then choose
an annual mileage band which best suits your needs - 6,000, 12,000,
18,000 or 24,000 miles.
- Peugeot will
then forecast the value of the vehicle at the end of the two or three
year agreement, which will become the minimum guaranteed future value
underwritten by Peugeot
- You pay the
difference between the Peugeot Passport price, your deposit and the
minimum guaranteed future value over the period of your 2 or 3 year
- Payments are
fixed, allowing you to effectively plan your budget
- At the end of
the 2 or 3 years you can drive away in a brand-new Peugeot by simply
renewing your Passport agreement (subject to mileage, condition and
What could be simpler?
How do I benefit
- Passport gives
you worry-free motoring. All Passport agreements include Road Fund
Licence for the first year and Peugeot's own Extended Warranty and
Peugeot Assistance operated by the AA for the full period of the agreement.
- Passport gives
you flexible options at the end of the agreement. You can part exchange,
enter into a new agreement and drive away in a brand-new Peugeot (subject
to mileage, condition and status), purchase the vehicle by paying
the final payment which equals the guaranteed future value or just
hand the car back (subject to mileage, condition and status).
- With Passport
the payments are less than our traditional finance over a similar
term. The final payment and the deposit are deucted from the sale
price with monthly payments calculated on the remaining balance (plus
interest on the whole amount financed).
What are my options?
- Option 1
You can part-exchange your current vehicle and arrange a new Passport
agreement. As Peugeot have guaranteed a minimum future value, any
difference between that figure and the actual part-exchange value
agreed with us can be used towards the deposit on your new Peugeot
(subject to mileage, condition and status).
- Option 2
You can choose to keep the car simply by making the final payment
equivalent to the guaranteed future value that was agreed at the start
of your Passport agreement.
- Option 3
You can return the vehicle to your Peugeot Dealer without any further
charges (subject to the vehicle being returned on time and meeting
the mileage and condition terms contained in the agreement).